Why should I feed Fibregest?Fibregest is a high specification non-soak super soluble fibre feed, designed as the perfect fibre source for all alpacas, llamas and camelsWhen should I feed Fibregest to my alpaca or llama?Soluble fibre in 3mm pellet form is ideal for both young and old alike. The small particle size (like feed that has been chewed for a long time) aids the digestive system of the camelid by providing a high quality, more available, energy source for fermentative foregut bacteria.What are the key benefits of feeding Fibregest?
- Recommended to be fed to all camelids and complements the use of Camelibra NG-2 or Hembra & Cria.
- Complements the nutritional, physical and supplementary digestive process of the camelid.
- Provides a perfect source of digestible soluble fibres.
- Maintains essential foregut microbial fermentation.
- Sustains beneficial fibre-digesting bacteria.
- Provides energy for health and conditioning.
- Provides natural trace elements and bio-available minerals.
- Provides the perfect partner for Camelibra NG-2 or Hembra and Cria.
- Contains the unique Oatinol™ Delivery System to maintain a high rate of nutrient absorption.
- Wheat gluten free.
- A 100% non-GM, soya free formulation.
- Manufactured as palatable, easy-to-feed 3mm pellets, perfect for all ages.
Maintaining natural foregut digestion is crucial for the health and vitality of alpacas and llamas. The nature of the feed can have dramatic effects on wellbeing, as all food goes straight into the fermentation vat of the forestomach where factors like motility, gas eructation, regurgitation, remastication and reswallowing are all part of the normal feeding process. Fibregest is very complementary to this digestive process in terms of the nutritional, physical and supplementary content. The digestibility of the soluble fibre will energize microbial activity, so maintaining a high rate of nutrient release for the benefit of the camelid.
The criteria for maintaining functional fermentation
- A constant pH of between 6 and 7, i.e. slightly acidic to neutral conditions.
A high fibre and low/non grain diet to sustain populations of cellulolytic bugs.
A high fibre diet to maintain saliva production, gut motility and gas eructation.
- A high fibre diet to maximise regurgitation, remastication and reswallowing
Collection or delivery available. Nationwide delivery via ParcelForce 48 with tracking.